this is a place for me to commune and share a small part of my thought life with my friends and explore what God has and is doing in my life (and just be random too)

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

the return of the bat


Another summer is slowly creeping to a close and in so many respects - it has been fantastic. Still have an exams though - on saturday. I just came back from a week long trip to the Maritimes and Montreal. It was so good and totally beyond all my expectations. I will update it with pictures this weekend. Someone once said that the best blogs are ones that discuss great ideas and not merely the quotidian activities of one's life as most people's lives are not "really that interesting." Having that week just reminded me that, well...my life is pretty darn interesting so I'll keep filling this in. Don't expect any Bloggers Choice Awards *grin*

The reason I was peeved about Britain is the fact that they are cowering under Islamic radicals - some examples are surrendering without a fight to the arrogant navy of the Iranian National Guards, the oh-so-blah response to Glasgow and London, the failure to defend Salman Rushdie for the honour he so deserved (for those hatin' on him for his "blasphemies"...have you even read any of his books? Did you know that the Satanic Verses does not in any way imply anything negative about the Prophet Mohammed? After all, it is the Christians who call Jesus, God but yet it is the Muslims who treat Mohammed as if he is: totally above reproach, infallible and unquestionable). I love my Muslim friends but honestly, Sharia Law would be the worst thing to happen to any civilized society and must be opposed at all costs. Having said that, most of my Muslim friends have the privilege of studying and /or living in a country which also has civil law courts i.e. Brunei, UK, Australia, U.S., Canada, India even Pakistan. To have an unflinching religious martial law which is unchanged from the deserts of 7th century Arabia is a ticket back to the Dark Ages. A great example is Iran. Sure Shah Pahlavi was corrupt - but look at how much more corrupt and screwed the once great country of Persia is under Khomeini's "theo-crazy" and the mullahs. Iran would have been the jewel of Asia. Another silly British thing is the banning of Israeli academic institutions - wow...the only country in the Middle East with a free-press and uncensored academic freedom and democracy, they go shut them down. Their loss.

Well, that's as political as I will get in this post. Gotta head back and hit the books. Shalom.

No comments: