this is a place for me to commune and share a small part of my thought life with my friends and explore what God has and is doing in my life (and just be random too)

Saturday, February 17, 2007

I'm a new man, I wear a new cologne, you wouldn't know me if your eyes were closed: on turning 21


lost love by ~xslim on deviantART

It's here,

Ineveitable I'm sure. One thing I am glad of is that, I used to be very down about the whole quarter life crisis - dangnammit! I haven't accomplished anything...my life is worthless drag. But when I look back, I am really astonsihed at how much grace and favour God has put in me. I didn't even know I would make it this far 4 months ago. I'm not sure if people really realised how serious the bind I was in was. I think Hell is not merely fire but a deep disconnection from everything. I am coming back from hell. I don't want to ever go there again.

But looking back on my life, I am kinda impressed. On my way to Toronto's Pearson to meet my friend Nicole Isaak from project (saskatoon blonde bomber) who is flying in from NYC...then I am going to that city of dreams, Montreal for a few days where I get to meet old friends and even Robyn Leavens from project who is flying in from Victoria.

Honestly, I think I am the most interesting person I know. And honestly too, I rather be no one else. Yea, I do like the mirror - a lot. LOL.

I miss Brunei.

Age ain't nothing but a number. All I care about is where am I GOING? where is God taking me?
It's been too hard living
But I'm afraid to die
I don't know what's up there beyond the sky
It's been a long, long time coming
But I know a change is gonna come
Oh, yes it is

Oh, this is the start of something good
Don't you agree?
I haven't felt like this in so many moons
You know what I mean?
And we can build through this destruction
As we are standing on our feet

These reeling emotions they just keep me alive
They keep me in tune

The words you say to me are unlike anything
That's ever been said
And what you do to me is unlike anything
That's ever been

I'll follow through

Oh, chariot
Your golden waves
Are walking down upon this face
Oh, chariot
I'm singing out loud
To guide me
Give me your strength

Remember seeking moon's rebirth
Rains made mirrors of the earth
The sun was just yellow energy
There is a living promised land
Even over fields of sand
Seasons fill my mind and cover me

Bring it back
More than a memory

Oh, chariot
Your golden waves
Are walking down upon this face
Oh, chariot
I'm singing out loud
To guide me
Give me your strength

You'll be my vacation away from this place
You know what I want
Holding that cup that's pouring over the sides
Makes me wanna spread my arms and fly

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

DANIEL! You are one of a kind....that is all I can really say...truly...only one Daniel Richardsen (well..there is probably more than one..).
AAAK!

Nico said...

My heart ached when I read about your not having accomplished anything. The world we live in is so caught up in productivity that we evaluate ourselves according to what or how much we do...I do it all the time. But what does God realy want from us? I've only recently come to realize that what He's really after is our heart. And I have to seriously question whether that's enough for me, or do I need to feel worthy according to worldy standards. The perspective of the world is so backwards, it's so easy to get wrapped up in it.