this is a place for me to commune and share a small part of my thought life with my friends and explore what God has and is doing in my life (and just be random too)

Thursday, March 01, 2007

honey, I'm from UW, I love intercourse...uh, intellectual that is...

So I had an intersting day yesterday:

Had my Don interview for the next school year. It was a re-hiring process and I was bloody nervous. But I just prayed about it and had a good peace about it - there's wasn't too much I could control. Firstly, I don't think I'm a great Don. But I know I can be and I want to be. I've been blessed with an exceptional floor of really mature and independent freshmen. So i just did my thing...being genuine is all I know how to really be. My interviewers cried...i don't think that has happened to me before. I'm excited to come back if I do.

And we had a religious/spiritual discussion with some guys on my floor: Here is a portion of how it went...

Iain (atheist): "So you think that gay people go to hell?"
Sean (orthodox christian): "yep, its true, that's what the bible says"
Iain: "But what about animals?"
Sean: "yea, all animals go to heaven...it's true!"
Iain: "what about gay animals? Do they go to hell? about 30% of animals engage in homosexual behaviour"
*room erupts in laughter and I sit there shaking my head and smiling at the profoundity of it all (sarcastic)...I love my floor. I have the best job anyone who is a full-time student could possibly have.



Went to a Health Informatics Seminar - it's a field that I'm really interested in. The speaker was Dr. Patel from Columbia University, New York. She's brown and spent a lot of time in McGill (Montreal). I could relate. It was about how to utilize the increasing sophistication of technology and training medical practitioners to become better and less error prone. One her most fascinating points was that we don't do top-down or bottom-up processing but a lot of intermediate chunks which helps us evaluate things that much faster. So really it is the intermediate components, the link between the basic observation and end diagnosis that is vital and this is far more developed in experts (e.g. grandmaster chess players have better recognition of location stratagems than novices). I think this is important in how we make decisions daily and relate to people, God, relatioships and all that good stuff that is life. I hope to do more research into it someday.

Facebook groups...they are stupid, mostly anyway. Why would anyone want to join: 'Girls sh*t on your heart and forget to clean up after they leave' LOL. Who is making these groups? I could say more but really... nUFF SAID.

Melody Hui
is a sassy girl.

This ad from hireimmigrants.ca



Bad quality but its all I could find...By 2011, 100% of Canada's net labour market growth will depend on immigration. It's about high time that we started doing something to help assimilate skilled immigrants...funny...i said we...I'm still a temporary resident, not even an immigrant yet...but I feel very Canadian in a lot of ways. I rather be nowhere else in the world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wha? Oh, sorry. I was just staring at your little girl. I like little girls...oh and little boys. Uh, I like children.
...
I'M A PEOPLE PERSON!!!
;)

Anonymous said...

hey dan. it's cool that you randomly found me through robyn. montreal was super cool and i am missing it lots. it probably doesn't help that being back means lots of homework! how have you been?

Weiyi said...

Gay animals.. lol.. that is funny. If annimals have a save/unsaved status then how does that work?

lol.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I know this is irrelevant to your story, but I had a gay Chihuahua once. I know he went to heaven!

Speedcat Hollydale

Speedcat Hollydale Page - http://speedcathollydale.blogspot.com/