this is a place for me to commune and share a small part of my thought life with my friends and explore what God has and is doing in my life (and just be random too)

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

what would you do?

I was just struck by how inadequate I am to face this chapter of my life that I am in now. It really is crunch time. It has made me look beyond me. Reminded me of this song by city high: "what would you do?" I wanna play my feelings and situation by pasting lines from the lyrics of the song.

  • "I guess a whole lot changed since I've seen you last..."

YEA...I still remember End of July - felt like the world was my oyster. Life was finally going my way...just gotta cruise now after so much struggle...wrong...everything that I built up crashed. God has humbled me - His plans are better. You can't cruise - the battles are just beginning, tho the War has been won.
  • "Everyday I wake up hoping to die..."
Man...here's the whine out on screen: 6 courses, 3 labs, no money for all texts, ADD, depression, R.A., Student Ambassador, no money for 4th year, no concrete plans for the summer...need to decide soon. If I fail any of the above - I get kicked out of school and lose my job and everything I worked so hard for. Study permit is expiring...possibly have to leave Canada...for good. Future job, studies...i thought I had it down - it has all evaporated. Invested close to $65,000 in uni. Dang...I've never felt so much was at stake before...I feel like Edward Munch's 'Scream' portrait.


  • "Been thru more s*it that you can't even relate to"
I realise that I can't compare myself to the average Canadian 20 yr old male...even worse, I compare myself to very above average Canadian 20 yr old males. There is no way I can measure up to that...not yet. But I don't want to use "oh i came here all alone when i was 18 and life is hard" excuse...I can't let background be an excuse. I have to maximise the opportunities God has given me. But, what a lot of my peers can't understand is, the path that I have to take, like all immigrants, is the path that their parents or grand or great parents had to take so that they could have a comfortable life. You just can't compare...it's just harder man. Only the strong survive in this game. If I don't perform, even though God loves me, Canada won't.

  • "Get up on your feet...stop makin' tired excuses"
What is life without challenge? I have been so hollow so long...i need to stop looking at my situations...and 'work out my salvation with fear and trembling'. I've got so much I want to live for...I want to hold on to God, trust and make it through.

There was a song by Maxwell that I always found comforting. It's called 'Lifetime'.


'I was reborn when I was broken
I wouldn't believe, I wouldn't believe, no
been thru a storm, no use in hoping
that you would come rescue me
somehow your love set me free

And I, I can let my life pass me by
or I can get down and try
work it all out this lifetime'

"The LORD is near to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalms 34:18

Peace - will be out for a week. Hold tight and rest in God until then.


7 comments:

juice said...

hey guitarboi! found you

Big, Scary Phil-- with a gun said...

Dan, my man (I love it because it rhymes, but can you picture me actually saying it? I don't think I could do it. But all kidding aside--) you are going to make it. Just hang on tight; it's a bumpy ride.

By the way, I'm not the only one who's hard to get a hold of. Check your answering machine.

Weiyi said...

Yeah, I know the feeling your describing.

.Cheryl. said...

hey Dan, I think you're right. Personally I havn't really gone through all the stuff you're going through. I appreciate your vulnerability and trust in God.

Keep trucking!
praying for ya.

.Cheryl. said...

hey Dan,
I think you're right. I don't know bout anyone else, but I don't really know what's it like to go through everything that's on your plate right now. I appreciate your vulnerability and trust in God through all of it.

Keep trucking bro.
praying for ya

Kathleen said...

Can I leave one now?!

eD said...

Hey Dan!
Thanks for sharing your thought even though it't not easy going though it all.
You are in my prayer list!!!